May 24, 2011

I'm a Survivor

Lucile Packard Children’s HospitalTachycardia, diaphoresis, hyperventilation.  What are these all symptoms of?

A job interview.  This was my very first job interview.  It was for a new grad position at Lucille Packard Children's Hospital in Palo Alto.  Although it was only 10 minutes, and was over the phone, I was still nervous.  The lady from HR who interviewed me sounded very nice, but the facts she gave me makes the probability of me getting a job there almost improbable.  She said about 1% of the 700 applicants will get hired.  Those odds sound impossible.

My first thought was, "Wow!  I'll never get the job."  My second thought was, "If it's God's will, it will happen."  Numbers don't mean anything to God.  Whatever He wants to happen, wherever it is He wants me to work, it will happen.  I just need to have faith and trust in God that He will put me wherever it is best for me to be, whether that is LPCH, Sequoia Hospital, or somewhere else.

No comments: