October 29, 2011

Southern Chili


Now that I'm living by myself, learning to chop, cook, and eat on my own, I've been trying to come up with simple recipes for meals.  This meal is super easy, and requires only one pot to make.  I made chili for dinner tonight.

Here's the recipe:

1/2 pound of ground beef
1/2 a yellow onion
1 can yellow corn
1 can white hominy
2 cans chili beans
2 cans stewed tomatoes
1/2 packet of McCormick original chili spice mix

Dice, then sauté the onion, add in ground beef, then throw all canned ingredients, and dried spice mix, and bring to a boil.  Simmer for a few minutes to thicken.  That's it.  It's ready to enjoy.  So easy.  You could eat this over rice or pasta if you'd like.  Unfortunately, I found out my rice cooker was broken so that didn't happen tonight.  You could also eat this with cornbread.

2 comments:

Teri Turdici said...

That looks yummy! Someday your (future)wife is really going to love that you can cook. I hope you are doing well.

Unknown said...

Thanks Teri. I'm doing well, but still trying to adjust to living on my own, working, and the different culture here in West Virginia.