May 29, 2012

Pollen Attacks

The weather here in WV has gone from cold, to warm, to hot in a matter of a couple of weeks and along with the heat, spring has brought the pollen, which has wreaked havoc on my sinuses.  Green waterfalls of snot have begun to roll down, out of my nostrils, giving new meaning to the number 11, which I catch in tissues, and give a frequent good blow of my nose to provide temporary relief to the continuous buildup of congestion.  The constant reaction of my immune system sending histamines around my body manifesting themselves as explosive sneezes and a runny nose.  Allergy medicines have refused to provide my nose any relief from this attack.   WV is supposedly known to be a bad place in which to reside if one suffers from heightened seasonal allergies, like myself.  Hopefully I can build up a high enough level of antihistamines in my body through allergy medicines that relief will begin soon.  Otherwise I won't be enjoying the beautiful weather outdoors, but inside air conditioned locales across the town of Beckley: the hospital, Walmart, and Starbucks.

No comments: