March 20, 2011

Trust in the Lord

Going through nursing school has been such a great journey.  At times, yes, it has been difficult.  Lots of studying, working clinicals at all different hours of the day, putting myself in sometimes uncomfortable situations.  All of these have been great learning experiences.  I'll be graduating in May, but that isn't the end of the journey.  Nope -- there's the NCLEX, the nursing boards to get my license to study for, and there's the search for a job.  All of these things are part of the process of growing, and learning.

I've learned through all for this to put full trust in God.  Sometimes, yes, I do struggle with this, but in the end, whatever happens, it's in God's sovereign plan for my life.  It was a miracle that I got into this program.  God opened many doors, from the volunteering opportunities in the ER, from getting accepted to a great program at Sequoia Hospital/Canada/SFSU, and the clinical preceptors I have had throughout my different rotations who have helped me grow as a nursing student and mature into a young adult.  Even the job market for new nurses in the Bay Area doesn't look too promising, if it's God's will, He will provide a job for me here.  If he wants me to relocate, I have to put my faith in His decision for my career and my life.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight (Proverbs 3:5-6).  Often, as a sinner, I am not as thankful as I should be -- for the family, friends, and people God has placed in my life.  It's people that matter, not material things in this world.  Money can buy the latest clothes, gadgets, or cool toys, but it cannot buy joy.

No comments: